Bayer has been named Supplier of the Year at this year’s Symbion Engage Awards, in recognition of its commitment to innovation and servicing the pharmacy industry.
The award was presented to Bayer this week at Luminare in Melbourne, in front of more than 200 guests.
Hosted by Symbion General Manager Brett Barons, with actor and singer Tim Campbell as MC and entertainment from comedian Ahn Do, the event was a celebration of some of the industry’s best.
“At Symbion, we pride ourselves on leading the development of a world-class, customer-focused supply chain, but we couldn’t do it without our suppliers,” Mr Barons said.
“The Engage Awards are a way for us to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our suppliers, who are key to ensuring we can continue to provide excellent service to our customers.”
To be considered for an award, candidates needed to have been placed within Symbion’s top 50 suppliers. They were assessed on how they engaged with all facets of the Symbion business, as well as the consistency of their performance throughout the past year.
Suppliers were recognised across 18 categories, including Hospital Supplier of the Year and Pharmacy Choice Supplier of the Year.
The Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year award was presented to the most outstanding supplier overall, Bayer, taking into consideration all aspects of supply chain engagement and execution.
“Bayer is one of the most innovative suppliers we work with and we’re very pleased to present them with the Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year award in recognition of their exceptional performance,” Mr Barons said.
This year’s Symbion Engage Award winners were:
- Symbion Engage Supplier of the Year: Bayer
- Pharmacy Choice Supplier of the Year: Reckitt Benckiser
- Best New Product Launch – OTC: Reckitt Benckiser for Scholl Nail File System
- Best New Product Launch – Ethical: Merk Sharp & Dohme for Keytruda
- Best Promotion of an Exisiting Product: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer for Panadol
- Osteo Post PBS Program
- Excellence Award – Professional Services: Apotex for flu clinics
- Excellence Award – Hospitals Supplier – Branded: Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Excellence Award – Hospitals Supplier – Generic: Hospira
- Supplier of the Year – Hospital Suppliers: Gilead Sciences
- Outstanding Growth – OTC: Swisse Vitamins
- Outstanding Growth – Ethical: Gilead Sciences
- Excellence Award – Pharmacy Suppliers – Generic: Apotex
- Excellence Award – Small Suppliers – OTC: JA Davey
- Excellence Award – Medium Suppliers – OTC: Key Pharmaceuticals
- Excellence Award – Large Suppliers – OTC: Reckitt Benckiser
- Excellence Award – Small Suppliers – Ethical: Menarini
- Excellence Award – Medium Suppliers – Ethical: Mundipharma
- Excellence Award – Large Suppliers – Ethical: Bayer