BioCeuticals has named the winners of its 2018 BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Awards (BIMAs).
The awards are held in conjunction with the annual BioCeuticals Research Symposium. They recognise achievements and showcase innovation within the complementary and integrative medicine industry.
Under the theme of ‘Restoring the balance: strategies for managing immune-mediated function’, the symposium is described as the calendar highlight of the integrative medicine industry, where up to 500 delegates hear the latest research and insights in effective treatment strategies for even the most complex immune-related cases.
The 2018 BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Award winners were:
- Keonie Moore, founder and team leader at ReMed, an integrated medicine clinic and mentorship centre – excellence in practice in the naturopath/herbal-medicine and nutrition/dietetics categories.
- Dr Steven Cannon, founder and chiropractor, NeuroHealth Chiropractic – excellence in practice in chiropractic/osteopathy.
- Mark Webster, specialist in combining a model of patient care that overlaps pharmacy, naturopathy and general practice – excellence in practice in integrative pharmacy.
- Dr Penny Caldicott, founder and a director of Invitation to Health on the NSW Central Coast – excellence in practice, integrative medical practitioner.
- Leah Hechtman, a clinician who specialises in fertility, pregnancy and reproductive health for men and women – excellence in practice, Researcher of the Year Award.
- David Casteleijn, founder of Herbs on the Hill – excellence in practice, Lecturer/Educator of the Year.