Chemists’ Own has chosen the winning pharmacies from the group’s 2018 ‘Help us help our local community’ initiative to raise money for Australian early-learning centres.
The program assists pharmacies to raise funds for centres in their communities.
Participating pharmacies have been supported by Chemists’ Own to raise money for their chosen centre through in-store donation boxes and sales of the Chemists’ Own children’s range. One pharmacy from each state has now been chosen to receive a $1,000 ‘educational experience’ voucher to donate to their chosen early-learning centre.
The winning pharmacies are:
- NSW: Greta Pharmacy, raising funds for Tillys Play & Development Centre.
- Victoria: Yea Pharmacy (Yea Preschool).
- Tasmania: Warrane Pharmacy (Cambridge Road Play & Learn Centre).
- Queensland: Stratford Village Pharmacy (Redlynch Daycare Centre).
- South Australia: Loxton Guardian Pharmacy (Loxton Preschool Centre).
- Western Australia: Rangeway Guardian Pharmacy (Magic Cottage Child Care Centre).
This marks the fourth year Chemists’ Own has run its ‘Help us’ initiative, with last year’s campaign raising more than $10,000 for charities.
“We have elected for early-learning centres to be the beneficiaries of pharmacy fundraising efforts this year because of the vital role they play in our community in caring for our children,” Chemists’ Own Brand Manager Stephanie Calapa said.
“‘Help us’ was designed to lend a helping hand to organisations that perform important work within their communities, and there’s no work more important than the nurturing and development of young children.”